- Supply and demand: There is a lack of properties in comparison to the number of people, particularly in certain regions of New Zealand, such as Auckland.
- Lack of land to build on: It’s important to understand zoning, especially if more value is added to a property through subdivision or adding second dwelling to improve cashflow.
- Population growth: Our population is steadily growing from both natural increase and immigration. More people mean higher demand for housing.
- Plenty of tenants: Around 34% New Zealanders rent their home, as at the first quarter of 2020.
New Zealand Rental Property Advice
Why is property still the number one investment for New Zealanders? We set out some reasons below.
- Cashflow and capital growth: If the right property is purchased, it’s likely to create cashflow while also increasing in value over time.
- Instant equity: Value will likely be added to your property after purchase, meaning that as the market value increases, you will be able to sell your house at a higher price.
- Leverage: Using the bank’s money to fund investment by borrowing 60%-70% but keeping 100% capital growth.
- Strategy: Considering the right strategy for you, will help you succeed in your rental property. Factors to consider include financial capacity, level of experience, risk tolerance and time availability.
Get Property Advice in-person or Online
We organise and deliver property seminars/webinars with mortgage brokers, real estate agents, lawyers, and other property related professionals on a regular basis.
Our Property Consulting & Planning Services include:
- Analyse and make recommendations on property transactions, working closely with real estate agents, so we can fetch good investment opportunities for you!
- Assist landlords and tenants to settle disputes, where it’s beyond the property manager’s expertise or where a mediator is required.
- Provide advice on managing seismic strengthening projects, including facilitating the tendering process for structural engineers and attending any pre and post-construction work to ensure a smooth process.
- Evaluate commercial and residential property transactions and review sales & purchase and lease agreements.
- Structure investment portfolios for optimised returns and asset protection.
- Assist with making informed and optimal financial decisions by working with reputable contacts in the property industry ranging from registered real estate agents, property managers, valuers, and quantity surveyors.
Ready For Your Next Property Purchase?
Get in touch with our team who can help you make all your property dreams come true and support you in your rental property journey!
Refer to our people for more information on who we are, our experience and how we can help.
We offer a no obligation free consultation where we can discuss:
- review your rental portfolio;
- Highlight tax issues and opportunities; and
- How we can add value and assist.